Tuesday, March 24, 2015

March Ingenious Inking Challenge – Mixed Media Madness



Hi!
Today I and my super talented MFT teamies have some fun Projects to share and hopefully inspire you! Mixed media sure is a little intimidating- at least to me, but once you begin piling up different textures, patterns, and colors though, you quickly realize how forgiving, and exciting, it can be. Mixed media projects are the perfect opportunity to experiment with the capabilities of your supplies and explore your creativity so this month, we’re using Hybrid Inks – the perfect choice for mixed media applications with it’s quick-dry, no-smudge formulation – in mixed media applications.






For my first Project I stamped the small brich bg on orange cardstock and then watercolored it. Before it was dry I splattered some darker colors. After it had dried I added gesso to the corners and inked the edges.
I then stamped one of the dogs from   on a text page from and old, yellowed book, ripped the edges and stapled it to the bg together with a Happy diecut and a Little rectangle I had stamped the Word BE to.
For my next cardI stamped the bg using polka-dot-background, and then watercolored it - the hybrid inks are perfect for this! When it was dry I covered all of the panel with glue from a gluestick and then adhered a wrinkled solo sheet from a white paper napkin. I then die cut some black velvet dots that I glued to the bg. At this stage I wasn't as happy with the bg as I'd hoped to be so I decided to make a shaker card of it  - and then saw the resemblance of a leopard and then made a leopard from one of the super adorable I kned You cats.







The dymo sentiments are printed on cardstock using the free font DYMO from 1001fonts.

MFT_IngeniousInking_SideBar


die-namics-scribbles
die-namics-happy-trio
hybrid-ink-pad-black-licorice
Be sure to pop over to the MFT blog for fantastic inspiration from the rest Design Team!

Have a great day, hugs, Karin

5 comments:

Lisa H. said...

very cool cards. Love all the texture. that first one is darling.

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving all the great texture on these cards, so fun!

Dee said...

What a collection of inspiration. The dog is a perfect choice!

JAVAGIRL said...

Ahhh live pets

JAVAGIRL said...

Ahhh live pets