Sunday, July 3, 2016

Sunday Watercolors : Stormy West Coast Archipelago + #WorldWatercolorMonth


Here's a watercolor from a stormy afternoon on the west coast of Sweden.
You can view more of my watercolors in my Watercolors Gallery or by following me on Instagram.



Have a wonderful Sunday, hugs, Karin

These paintings were just part of my ordinary feature on my blog called Sunday Watercolors which I started 2 years ago as a way to find inspiration to start painting again but as summerbreak began (I am a needlework teacher) I felt I needed something new to push me to paint things I wouldn't normally do so I started searching "30-day challenge themes" on the internet and found a few older ones that I could simply have copied and followed. 

But then I couldn't believe my luck when I found Charlie O'Shield's (Doodlewash) project called #WorldWatercolorMonth that he has started to inspire people to paint but also to raise awareness for children in need of art supplies and art education around the globe!.

I will give you more details about it along the way, or you can find all the info by clicking this image:

World Watercolor Month July 2016 Banner with metal watercolor palette

Since I was looking for a 30-day challenge to challenge myself to paint new things I will try to follow these suggestions and start catching up tomorrow (-:

Seashell Flower Fruit Feather Dessert Dinner Trees Bird Mountain Pet Favorite Drink Vegetable Breakfast Leaves Silverware Nuts Coffee Cup Flowers Insect Windmill Zoo Animal Figure Drawing Musical Instrument Clothing Self-Portrait Berries Goldfish Baby Seascape Jellyfish Fireworks



Karin

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I LOVE the lighthouse painting Karin.......beautiful work!!